When you use Lavender Snow
You are using Organic food grade ingredients Handcrafted for Beautiful skin!
· No Clogged PIPES: Lavender Snow Salt Scrubs are Dry to Touch. Non oily, they will not the clog pipes in the home.
· No BPA: Lavender Snow is Earth Friendly, with safe, Chemical Free Packaging- Refillable and/or recyclable containers
· No DEA (diethanolamine)
· No MEA (momoethanolamine)
· No TEA (triethanolamine)
DEA, MEA, and TEA are commonly found in most personal care products that “foam” (body washes, shampoos, soaps, facial cleansers and bubble baths). Usually listed on the ingredient label in conjunction with the compound being neutralized. Thus look for names like Cocamide DEA or MEA, Lauramide DEA, etc. These are all hormone disrupting chemicals and are known to form cancer causing nitrates and nitrosamines.
· No Glycerin: Avoid Chemical-derived glycerin, it is an alcohol. Plant based glycerin is considered safe.
· No Heavy Metals: Lavender Snow is all food grade ingredients and heavy metal free
· No Hydroquinone: Found in skin lighteners & facial moisturizers. Suspected as neurotoxic and allergenic. There is evidence that it may cause cancer in lab animals. It may also appear as an impurity & not be listed on commercial ingredients labels.
· No Lye: Sodium Hydroxide is a strong irritant, corrosive to the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract.
· No LANOLIN: it is considered safe but can enlarge pores and may cause allergic reactions. Cosmetic-grade lanolin risks contamination with carcinogenic pesticides such as DDT, Dieldrin, and Lindane, & other neurotoxic pesticides.
· No Mineral Oil: Baby oil is 100% mineral oil, a substance derived from Petroleum. It coats the skin just like plastic wrap covers any given vessel. The Skin’s natural immune barrier is disrupted as this plastic like coating inhibits its ability to breathe and absorb moisture and nutrition. The skin’s ability to release toxins is impeded by this “plastic wrap,” which can promote acne and other disorders by slowing down normal cell development causing the skin to prematurely age.
Petroleum distillates are possible human carcinogens. They are prohibited for use in cosmetics in the European Union, but are found in several U.S. brands of products. Watch out for the terms “petroleum” or “liquid paraffin.”
· No Imidazolidinyl Urea – No DMDM Hydantoin: Imidazolidinyl Urea and DMDM Hydantoin release formaldehyde into your body. The Mayo Clinic reports Formaldehyde irritates the respiratory system, causes skin reactions, triggers heart palpitations, immune system toxicity, and cancer in humans. Exposure can cause joint pain, allergies, depression, headaches, chest pains, ear infections, chronic fatigue, dizziness and loss of sleep. It can also aggravate coughs and colds and trigger asthma. It still turns up in nearly all brands of body products, baby bath soap, antiperspirants, nail polish, eyelash adhesive and hair dyes.
· No Neurotoxins: Lavender Snow is food grade and Neurotoxin Free
· No Nitrates
· No PEG or Polyethylene Glycol: They are a polymer used to keep product stable.
PEG enhances the penetration of toxic chemicals & heavy metals into the body (lead, iron, cobalt, nickel, cadmium, arsenic) Specific PEG’s are linked to Breast cancer
· No Parabens: methyl-, ethyl-, propyl-, butyl-, isobutyl- Parabens, which have weak estrogenic effects, are common preservatives that appear in a wide array of skin care. Absorbed through skin. Specific PEG’s are linked to Breast cancer
· No Pesticides: Lavender Snow is food grade and Pesticide Free
· No Phthalates: Phthalates are hormone disrupting chemicals linked to endocrine problems.
Avoid Phthalates. Select Organic Essential-Oils instead of Synthetic Fragrance.
· No Polyacrylamide: they are frequently found in facial moisturizers, anti-aging products and body care products. Can break down into acrylamide, a carcinogen, reproductive and developmental toxicity.
· No Surfactants: they cause hair to be dull, & brittle over time. Avoid Surfactants: stearalkonium chloride, benzalkonium chloride, cetrimonium chloride, and cetalkonium chloride and lauryl dimonium hydrolyzed collagen.
· No Talcum Powder: TALC is carcinogenic. Inhaling talc, or using it in the genital area, is associated with increased risk of lung and ovarian cancer.
· No Synthetic Fragrance: “Fragrance” is a commonly used catch all term used to mask Phthalates. Phthalates act as endocrine disruptors may cause obesity, reproductive and developmental harm. Chemically synthesized Fragrance is present in most skin care, body care, deodorants, shampoos, sunscreens, and baby products. Many compounds in “Fragrance” are carcinogenic. “Fragrance” on a label can indicate the presence of up to 4,000 separate ingredients. Most or all of them are synthetic. The FDA reports headaches, dizziness, rashes, skin discoloration, violent coughing and vomiting, and allergic skin irritation. Exposure to synthetic fragrances can affect the central nervous system, causing depression, hyperactivity, irritability, inability to cope, and other behavioral changes” are frequently found in facial moisturizers, anti-aging products, and body care products. Can break down into acrylamide, a carcinogen, reproductive and developmental toxicity.